POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image_map and eval_pigment : Re: image_map and eval_pigment Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:41:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map and eval_pigment
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Dec 2016 15:25:00
Message: <web.58471d73f8a7e8a8c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> PosX and PosY are the size of Picture in pixels
> but the image_map is always 0,0 to 1,1

Aha.  That very well may be it.  I'll check when I get home.
It's deceptive when max_extent reports the pixels size, but the image_map is a
unit square...  :|

But then of course, that makes me wonder - doesn't a regular image_map pigment{}
definition extend in the x-y plane infinitely?  Unless 'once' is included?