POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to cap a cylinder by a 2d-function? : How to cap a cylinder by a 2d-function? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:56:34 EDT (-0400)
  How to cap a cylinder by a 2d-function?
From: Kay
Date: 5 Dec 2016 16:00:00
Message: <web.5845d43ad3f57dfa67f2d6ab0@news.povray.org>
Hey Folks,

I'm trying to code a cylinder, which is capped on one side by a 2d-function. The
2d-function I have in mind is running like a helix with the parameters (x,y,z)
of the form {x=r*Cos[a], y=r*Sin[a], z=a} with r and a, both running from 0 to
1.

How can I do that? I tried Isosurface, but I failed...
Could anyone help out?

Thanks in advance,
Kay