POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stopping a render : Re: Stopping a render Server Time
16 Apr 2024 13:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stopping a render
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Dec 2016 03:15:01
Message: <web.5843cfc1afd893e29c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Am 04.12.2016 um 05:35 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> > I started rendering a 16 frame animation. I am at frame #8, and want to
> > stop when this one is done. How do I tell POV-Ray to stop after the
> > current frame and not continue? I don't want to start the sequence over
> > again.
>
> Are we talking about Unix or Windows?
>
> IIRC the Windows version already pops up a warning when stopping a long
> render; maybe we could extend that window to offer three choices: Stop
> now, stop as soon as the current frame has finished, or simply continue.

Would be great to be able to do that, but the current method would be to just
stop rendering and use +C to continue later. At least for Windows.
Should be possible to either use that on the command line before beginning the
animation frames (before any frame is made) or after stopping the rendering
(adding +c before restart). Just jumps (eventually) to the next in line needing
the render.

Bob