POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spherical isosurface : Re: Spherical isosurface Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical isosurface
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Nov 2016 07:55:00
Message: <web.583d7a91c3db15afc437ac910@news.povray.org>

> What would be a formula for a sphere?

I always start here:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/

whenever I have any questions about isosurfaces.

Like Christoph said, it takes a certain "way" of thinking to successfully play
with isosurfaces.

I'd also be aware that you may use code and equations that successfully yield a
visible isosurface in a render.  That surface may or may not be correct - so I'd
also be thinking about placing visible markers, sending numeric results to the
debug stream, overlaying the isosurface onto your stacked-block model, or some
other way of performing sanity and accuracy checks.

Aside from that, as Christoph said, "don't listen to that man"
I use this
https://www.maxiaids.com/Media/Thumbs/0008/0008988-big-keys-lx-color-abc-300.jpg
to write my SDL code, and when I'm down in the basement POVving, my mom makes me
wear a special helmet so I don't injure myself when trying to visualize 3D
vectors or do Big Boy math.  ;)

:D