POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available : Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:04:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available
From: omniverse
Date: 22 Nov 2016 18:25:00
Message: <web.5834d2d2894b4d242601cd680@news.povray.org>
"jceddy" <jce### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> > visit
> >
> > http://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm
> >
> > for additions and changes, have fun
> >
> > -Ive
>
> Just stumbled across this site...I was wondering if you could use this to do
> wavelength-dependent Rayleigh scattering (like we have in our real atmosphere,
> for example), by specifying an array of colors or density multipliers for the
> different wavelengths and then selecting based on WavelengthIndex, so you'd have
> something like:
>
> scattering {1, scattr[WavelengthIndex]}
>
> I'm wondering if you had something like this if you could simulate the red
> sunset/blue sky effect you get when the light from our sun interacts with our
> atmosphere.

 I just got that a little while ago myself and just tested it out a little bit
so I'm not sure if you actually have to have an index of refraction in the sky
to do that, or simply a pattern.
 I remember you need to do several renders and combined them at least the way
parts of it are done, maybe that doesn't mean it has to be done for everything.
Hopefully someone else will know more   And reply here