POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available : Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:43:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering with POV-Ray V0.2 available
From: jceddy
Date: 22 Nov 2016 15:10:01
Message: <web.5834a5bb894b4d24314aa6840@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> visit
>
> http://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm
>
> for additions and changes, have fun
>
> -Ive

Just stumbled across this site...I was wondering if you could use this to do
wavelength-dependent Rayleigh scattering (like we have in our real atmosphere,
for example), by specifying an array of colors or density multipliers for the
different wavelengths and then selecting based on WavelengthIndex, so you'd have
something like:

scattering {1, scattr[WavelengthIndex]}

I'm wondering if you had something like this if you could simulate the red
sunset/blue sky effect you get when the light from our sun interacts with our
atmosphere.