POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : P-R chess set ASC file mesh : Re: P-R chess set ASC file mesh Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: P-R chess set ASC file mesh
From: omniverse
Date: 10 Nov 2016 14:35:01
Message: <web.5824cbaea0b2f7c09c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
More improvement, just still some trouble with the crown cross on the king.
Parameters for MeshLab output were defaults. POV-Ray scene file uses:

All_Trace(My_Object,<-4,-0.1,-4>,<4,14,4>,0.1,0.5,0.05)

MeshLab procedure was simply (like Chris Young recommended):

Filters|Remeshing, Simplification and Reconstruction>Clustering decimation

Filters|Normals, Curvatures and Orientation>Compute normal for set points

Filters|Remeshing, Simplification and Reconstruction>Surface Reconstruction:
Ball Pivoting

Filters|Remeshing, Simplification and Reconstruction>Close Holes

Saved mesh as OBJ.

Opened into 3D Builder and they need a "repair", save again.

Opened into Poseray and export as POV-Ray files.

Rendered in POV-Ray and this is the end result (post-process combined individual
images).

I'm very hopeful now to get to be better quality somehow, I just haven't hit
upon the exact procedure or parameters yet.

Thanks again to Chris Young for making this possible!
Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray mesh chess king and queen.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'povray mesh chess king and queen.jpg'
povray mesh chess king and queen.jpg