POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D printing POV-Ray scenes : Re: 3D printing POV-Ray scenes Server Time
16 Apr 2024 19:06:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D printing POV-Ray scenes
From: Chris Young
Date: 9 Nov 2016 12:15:01
Message: <web.582358cdcb7f3ac626612dcd0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> From there I haven't a clue. Best I can do is make the chess pieces appear as
> lumpy clay globs. LOL

As I wrote in the tutorial, this system is not especially good for extremely
small detailed objects. It works best on the more blobby like shapes that are
difficult to model using traditional CAD software. I recommend increasing the
number of dots that you create that is make the increment smaller.

> I'm going to put the *.asc file at povray.binaries.misc to let others have a go
> with it.

I did not see your files in the newsgroup but look forward to seeing them when
you post them. Maybe I can help.