POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : relativistic travel effects : Re: relativistic travel effects Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: relativistic travel effects
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Nov 2016 22:30:01
Message: <web.581d43536c13e4639c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"rodv92" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i am thinking of the tools i could use to make an animation of a camera
> accelerating toward 0,99c speed.

Maybe a mesh camera? Something I'm only now trying to learn about but I know
there's effects using mesh camera macro (example scene files) for lens
distortion such as barrel and pincushion.

I recall from years ago there were things tried by people to point the POV-Ray
camera into cone shapes, that could have been for media containers, but
unfortunately I can't remember if anything was done to simulate near-light
speed. Probably was, but I didn't find anything in a search just now.