POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : plotting a 3D gaussian question : Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question Server Time
16 Apr 2024 02:44:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plotting a 3D gaussian question
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2016 12:25:01
Message: <web.5812296ca0290900b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"Martin" <mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Hi,

Welcome!

> i am new to povray and want to use it for scientific images.

> I have tried playing around with isosurface functions, but for some reason it
> just doesnt just show up inside the structure. Can you give me a hint how to
> position a plotted function at an arbitrary position? For Example I want to
> create it with the center peak at the sharp cone end pointing into the green
> stuff.
>
> thanks for help,
> Martin

This very topic was covered recently:
http://news.povray.org/web.5794faac1a150b855e7df57c0%40news.povray.org

I think A is the amplitude, so just translate the whole curve by using
translate -y*A
to make the peak be at or close to <0, 0, 0>

then you can use an other transformations to move it anywhere you wish.