POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : screen.inc : Re: screen.inc Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: screen.inc
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 Oct 2016 11:00:00
Message: <web.581215f265fe31f13750ad290@news.povray.org>
> Also, does the object collection use the same license as the include
> files that come with POV-Ray?

No, they are quite different.  The Object Collection uses the GNU Lesser General
Public License 2.1, as explained in the README files.  (Note there is an error
in terminology, as I have brought up in a previous thread.)  The 3.7 version of
screen.inc uses the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
License.  Earlier versions of screen.inc are presumably covered by povlegal.doc,
which every POVer prior to 2013 November 6 should be well familiar with.

For the GNU and Creative Commons licenses, I suggest you follow the links given
in the Object Collection README files and screen.inc 3.7, respectively.

Disclaimer: IANAL.