POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Importing solid body from data : Importing solid body from data Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Importing solid body from data
From: LeoBl
Date: 20 Aug 2016 17:30:00
Message: <web.57b8cb18c1a12bafc2f2170b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to render a measured data set. I have it in a 3D NumPy array. The array
is binary - ones for solid locations, zeros for empty locations.

How can I import it to PovRay? I tried exporting .obj isosurface, but it gives
me just the surface, and I want the solid. Tried to go with a .df3 file - but a
density function is not really appropriate here - I don't want a density map,
but a solid body.

Another question: my data is quite "staircased" - lots of squares that result
from the measurement pixels. Once I import it, how can I smoothen it? There are
lots of noise functions in PovRay, is there something for denoising/smoothing?

Thanks!