POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Smaller Spheres : Re: Smaller Spheres Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smaller Spheres
From: architype
Date: 12 Aug 2016 01:40:00
Message: <web.57ad60e3c5ad69016b88bdd50@news.povray.org>
Hmmm I ran the standard version again, this time it took 3m 38s.
But it used 1 847 226 368 bytes. So only a small improvement in
render time, but a significant reduction in memory.
(I am not sure why I got the longer render time for the standard
version, some stuff might have been running in the background?)
I ran the test version again and it is about 1 490 000 000 bytes.
I will write a better test scene and post it as soon as I can.
Best wishes, /A