POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Smaller Spheres : Re: Smaller Spheres Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smaller Spheres
From: architype
Date: 12 Aug 2016 00:55:00
Message: <web.57ad5650c5ad69016b88bdd50@news.povray.org>
> Am 07.08.2016 um 06:21 schrieb clipka:
> > Significantly reduced memory footprint of spheres subject to
> > transformations (translate, rotate, scale, transform):
> >
> > https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8730959
> >
> > Needs plenty of testing, especially with regards to UV mapping and wild
> > combinations of the various transformation statements.
>
> Found and fixed one bug already, so a new version is waiting to be tested:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8737777

I have done a first test; but I need to make a better test scene with
more transformations, more objects and spheres only.
Anyway, there were improvements in memory and parsing.
But also a big improvement in render time. :D
I will make a better test scene and get back to you.
Thanks a lot for the great work!
Best wishes, /A

scene: 2 287 195 objects + 1 light

std ver: