POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs not ... blobbing : Re: Blobs not ... blobbing Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs not ... blobbing
From: omniverse
Date: 5 Aug 2016 17:10:00
Message: <web.57a5004d7be9a134b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> Experiencing very unblob-like behaviour.   Any ideas why?
> I'm sure I'm missing some small thing.
>
> When I decrese the strength to 0.5 and the threshold is at 1, it gets
> decidededly blobby - but in the reverse manner which I desire.   :(

What are you using for radius with Sph?

I get the usual blobbiness I expect by using Sph=0.5 or less, while also
changing Strength to 2, and threshold 1.

Of course, I can't guess what you're actually wanting to do. Maybe just a
problem with how strength reacts close to surfaces...?

I'm definitely not the best choice for help. ;)