POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling Povray : Compiling Povray Server Time
16 Apr 2024 08:58:31 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling Povray
From: Ken Shumway
Date: 15 Jun 2016 19:10:00
Message: <web.5761df7a646f836a3179dcc70@news.povray.org>
I'm trying for the first time to compile Povray 3.7. I have the package that is
available at github. I've figured how to modify configure.ac to reflect where
I've stored the paths to various files requires but now get these error messages
from autoconf.

error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
error: possibley undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE

I have no idea how to start to fix this. Any suggestions?