POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fails : Re: Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fail= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error(s) compiling on Ubuntu 14.04 : boost thread library solution fail=
From: Fred DM
Date: 16 Apr 2016 15:15:01
Message: <web.57128e35bdd08cd887cb7b50@news.povray.org>
Thanks to clipka and to green for your quick answer.

I tried both solutions.

the added libraries didn't solve the problem.

But the use of the master branch did it.
Compilation went through without any problems.
Pov-Ray is working well.

Thanks a lot

I am sorry but I am new to this. I did compilations of small projects that I
created,but I never went through compilation of a real software before.
Can you explain me the difference between Master Branch and Stable Branch.
I had the wrong intuition to use the stable release.

Fred