POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Make blobby object fade to transparent : Make blobby object fade to transparent Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Make blobby object fade to transparent
From: SecondCup
Date: 12 Apr 2016 11:20:01
Message: <web.570d10df88748ef1be6b2e390@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

Im back ha!

Ive been working on this issue for about three days now so I think I need a
little help getting me over the finish line. Its a simple fade to transparent
coding problem.

I have a blobby object in the middle of the screen. The object is textured to
look like a rock surface. I'm trying to use the clock command to have the whole
blobby object fade to transparent in a couple of animated screen shots.

As you can see from my coding below I'm aware of the 'transmit' command and also
the 'filter' command. Ive tried the 'rgbt' and rgbf' commands also but so far
all I can do is fade the blob to black. i.e when I run my code the texture fades
but the object itself remains as a blob but with no colour.

Can anyone offer some commentary on my coding issue? I feel it might be that I'm
fading just the texture but not the entire object. Ive taken out the 'clock'
variables from my code to void confusion. Here is my code:

#declare basetexture =  texture {
      pigment {granite
        color_map {
          [0.0 rgbt <.2, 0, 0, 0> ]
          [0.2 rgbt <.7, .4, .07, 0> ]
          [1.0 rgbt <1, 1, 1, 0> ]
                }
                }
                normal {bumps .8 scale .4}
                }

#declare blobbody =
blob {
threshold .5
sphere { <.5,0,-.4>, .8, 1}         //a bunch of random spheres with .5
threshold
sphere { <-.5,0,-.7>,.8, 1}
sphere { <-.6,.3,-.1>,.8, 1}
sphere { <.5,0,.2>,.8, 1 }