POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Smooth swinging camera work : Smooth swinging camera work Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:50:31 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth swinging camera work
From: SecondCup
Date: 7 Apr 2016 14:35:01
Message: <web.5706a81654bbeb7d6f296a190@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

My first posting so if I am short on etiquette please let me know! A little
context: learning to code for maybe one year. I've been learning POV-RAY for
about a month.

I'm trying to create a video animation where the camera zooms in and pans around
an object at the center of the screen. I can create the two commands easily but
individually. I can zoom in and I can pan around the object. The problem is the
the smooth transition between both actions. Id like to create a small, smooth
arc to connect both. Right now I zoom in...stop abruptly...and then pan. Its a
little jolty (if thats even a word).

Can anyone point me to a good link to help me out? Or is there a sure-fire way
to connect the two camera shots?

I have a feeling I may have to go over some trigonometry notes but so be it :)