POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version : Re: No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:04:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No multi-threading with ubuntu repository version
From: Warren
Date: 8 Mar 2016 17:15:00
Message: <web.56df4ded9675928fe08403e50@news.povray.org>
"esterichia" <est### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'm using ubuntu 15.10 on a laptop with processor Intel i7-6700HQ Quad Core. I
> installed povray 3.7 (to be precise 3.7.0.0-8build1) from the repositories and I
> noticed it was using only one processor. I uninstalled it, downloaded the
> sources from github and compiled. Now it is using multi-threading.
> Is this the expected behavior or a bug? May it be related to the hardware or the
> OS?

I remember, not long ago I had the same problem (a bug with a macro) with povray
installed from the ubuntu's depots. Then clipka told me he'd like me to get down
to the bottom of it by compiling the sources from www.povray.org and that solved
the problem

The link to my post:
http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3Cweb.565c782768d9e8a4a73f5e290%40news.povray.org%3E/