POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vibrating Plate WIP : Re: Vibrating Plate WIP Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:52:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vibrating Plate WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Mar 2016 11:15:00
Message: <web.56dc572c5a67670a5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Nice and that is using bicubic patches?

No sir.  Still too ignorant and unskilled to make that happen, but had a number
of breakthroughs yesterday, and hopefully will get some bicubic patch code
cobbled together as a proof-of-concept.  Then it ought to be much smoother and
prettier.

> I processed the data (deviation from the average) and used triangles to
> make the plate.

I used the raw data, since there was no information indicating that the plate
was flat, and so it looks like it's vibrations in a stressed plate.

I'm going to give some thought to finding vibrational nodes and have the edges
flex freely using those as the true stationary points.

Given time, talent, inspiration, freedom from interruption, plenty of coffee,
and tips and helpful feedback from the helpful folks here in POV-Land.