POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:58:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Mar 2016 16:05:01
Message: <web.56d9f8546f92e8565e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Satadorus" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> - Am I correct to assume that Povray only makes the rays that DO NOT hit an
> object transparent?

Funny you should ask about this, as I just looked it up a day or so ago, and
have been using it - it works fine.
use +ua in the command line, and don't use ANY background or skysphere
declarations.

> - How can I use a series of Povray images to create an animation?
> - - Years ago I used VideoMach. Are there better tools?
> - - Are there tools to merge my animation with another video?

I use Video Mach, since it's simple and intuitive to use.
I've asked here before, and did some extensive searching when I wanted to
"upgrade" my software, but I didn't really find anything that stood out.
I use Format Factory to convert file formats.

> What I would like is a way to show my animation 'in front' of another video.
> Like Blue or Green screen technique used for film and TV.

Perhaps if you split up the background video into separate frames, you could
display that frame behind your POV-Ray scene and have that be the background for
your renders.   Then just string the frames together as usual.

Sorry if I can't be of more help at the moment.