POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : CLipka: Possible BUG Found!!! :-) : Re: CLipka: Possible BUG Found!!! :-) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CLipka: Possible BUG Found!!! :-)
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Feb 2016 16:45:01
Message: <web.56c0f47956d165d233c457550@news.povray.org>
> Am 14.02.2016 um 21:01 schrieb Kenneth:
>

> > IDEALLY, as 'depth' increases, the cylinder should stay at the same radius,
> > with the image_map function simply 'eating into' it. But that's not what
> > happens.
>
> That wouldn't be ideal either, as it would /reduce/ the effective radius
> of the entire height_field cylinder on average, creating the opposite
> distorting effect.

I was assuming (probably incorrectly) that the image_map itself would always
have *some* pure white areas in it-- which would equate to the max height of the
HF (meaning, the max radius of the HF_Cylinder.) It's that max radius I was
referring to. In experiments I'm doing with two really odd (and dynamic) scaling
equations, I can *almost* get that max radius AND height to stay at set values,
no matter what the 'depth' value. But "almost" isn't quite good enough yet...
:-/