POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problem with installing latest 'development build' : Re: problem with installing latest 'development build' Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:58:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with installing latest 'development build'
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Feb 2016 08:30:01
Message: <web.56b4a2f4c6b49ec833c457550@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > Have you tried to change the name to: pvengine.exe  ?
> >

> ...I could 'hide' the original pvengine file and then try your
> suggestion; I'll see what happens and report back...)

Nope, no luck. I still get the error message. I've tried three downloads now.

The problem is strange because the previous development build's sse2 engine
worked just fine (as does my *original* 3.7.0 sse2 engine.)  Unfortunately for
me (well, temporarily unfortunate), I discarded the previous development
build... which was working... :-(