POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep : Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:10:48 EDT (-0400)
  Odd behaviour with sphere_sweep
From: MidiPlay
Date: 10 Jan 2016 11:20:01
Message: <web.5692847b8bcbbc2219f71b680@news.povray.org>
I'm using sphere_sweep with cubic_spline to try to get a nice smooth curve, but
part of it is missing:
----
#version 3.5;
global_settings { ambient_light 0 assumed_gamma 1 }
background { rgb 0.05 }
light_source { <0,+1000,0> rgb 1 }

sphere_sweep
{
    cubic_spline
        6,
        < 0 ,  48 ,  277 >, 1
        < 0 ,  88 ,  166 >, 1
        < 0 , 115 ,   55 >, 1
        < 0 , 115 ,  -55 >, 1
        < 0 ,  88 , -166 >, 1
        < 0 ,  48 , -277 >, 1
        tolerance 0.1
        pigment { color < 1 , 1 , 1 > }
        finish { emission 1 }
}

camera
{
    perspective
    location < 320 , 100 , 0 >
    angle 80
    look_at  <   0 ,   0 , 0 >
}
----
The behaviour with linear_spline is also odd, there's a spike in the middle.  I
can't see what I might be doing wrong.  I'm using version
3.7.0.msvc10-sse2.win32 on Windows XP.  Any suggestions?

Chris