POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Metal textures : Metal textures Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Metal textures
From: aradan d
Date: 11 Dec 2015 04:30:01
Message: <web.566a96f5bbd647149b2ba7d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

is there a webpage where I can learn how to make more realistic metal textures?
I was trying to do

#declare f_metal = finish {
    ambient .2 diffuse .4
    specular 1.8 roughness .08 brilliance 2
    reflection { .8 metallic 1 } metallic
    irid {0.2}
}

sphere {
        <0, 0, 0>, 0.8
        material {
            texture {
                T_Chrome_1B
                finish {
                    f_metal
                }
            }
        }
}

but I'm not convinced by the result, it does not look like proper metal. I have
seen some images in the forum which look nice, but the usually do not provide
the pov file, at least I am missing something

Regards