POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cannot link boost thread (libboost v1.59) : Re: Cannot link boost thread (libboost v1.59) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cannot link boost thread (libboost v1.59)
From: MadKairon
Date: 25 Nov 2015 14:55:00
Message: <web.5656116340b64f67d082a680@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "MadKairon" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Still trying to compile Master Branch on Raspbian Jessie. As the boost
> > distribution in the repositry didn't work I removed it, downloaded libboost 1.59
> > and installed it. ./prebuild.sh goes ok, then configure process fails when
> > checking boost thread and stops. This is the new error. Is there any way to fix
> > it?
> >
> ../configure LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_date_time"

Well, this didn't work :(

../configure COMPILED_BY="MadKairon on RPi 2" LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread
-lboost_date_time"

Configure POV-Ray version 3.7.1-alpha.8353331

This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 MadKairon on RPi 2
The POV-Ray Team(tm) is not responsible for supporting this version.

Environment
-----------
checking build system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
checking host system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether $C_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path... no
checking whether $CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH contains the "." path... no

Programs
--------
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in
`/home/pi/povray-master':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details