POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What developers for animation of the using bone do? : Re: What developers for animation of the using bone do? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What developers for animation of the using bone do?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Nov 2015 22:30:00
Message: <web.56552aec5a295d495e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/pov_anie.htm
> It everything, what Povray can?
> How to animate the character?

Do you want to animate a skeleton?
I think that maybe a long time ago, Rune posted some of the results and methods
of his animation work,
and there were also a few other people working with Inverse Kinematics methods
to animate characters.
IIRC, Thomas DeGroot and his friend were working on a movie, and there was some
pretty sophisticated methods for animating the characters.  I think that work
was described over on the TINA-CHeP forum.

You can probably look for 3D scanned images of real skeletal bones online.
(If you run into any problems, I can see what I have saved as part of a
project.)