POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Poll: Any Build Problems? : Poll: Any Build Problems? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:36:49 EDT (-0400)
  Poll: Any Build Problems?
From: clipka
Date: 13 Nov 2015 06:00:01
Message: <web.5645c196e1bf2118ad6fa18f0@news.povray.org>
We've been having problems with the Unix build process in the past, often
related to the boost libraries. I'm wondering where we're at with these issues
right now with the current master branch.

If the 3.7 build process has ever failed to work "out of the box" for you (i.e.
strictly following the baseline build instructions described in `unix/README`),
I'd love to hear from you:

- What variant of Unix are you using?
- What version of the boost library are you using?

- Does the official stable 3.7.0.0 build "out of the box" on your system?
Otherwise, what problems do you encounter, and how (if at all) do you manage to
get it to build?

- Does the current master 3.7.1-alpha.8344773 build "out of the box" on your
system? Otherwise, what problems do you encounter, and how (if at all) do you
manage to get it to build?

- Any other observations?

(Please do NOT reply if the 3.7 build process has always worked perfectly fine
for you.)