POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Build issues on Mac OS X : Re: Build issues on Mac OS X Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:06:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Build issues on Mac OS X
From: abecke12
Date: 21 Oct 2015 16:35:01
Message: <web.5627f65353467fc2b5df15800@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> Le 20/10/2015 20:01, abecke12 a écrit :
> > Not sure how much help is available for this, but -
> >
> > I was having issues getting my ./configure "etc" to run, but was
> > able to use the -lboost_system fix from
> > http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cslrnl8rua3.ipl.bisqwit%40
> bisqwit.iki.fi%3E/?mtop=397883.
> >
> >  However, I am having issues during the configuration with:
> >
> > "checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin14.5.0 checking
> > host system type... i386-apple-darwin14.5.0 checking for a
> > BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether
> > build environment is sane... yes
> > /Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0/unix/config/missing:
> > Unknown `--is-lightweight' option Try
> > `/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0/unix/config/missing
> > --help' for more information configure: WARNING: 'missing' script
> > is too old or missing checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p...
> > unix/config/install-sh -c -d checking for gawk... no checking for
> > mawk... no checking for nawk... no checking for awk... awk"
> >

> > etcetc.
> >
> > I have tried the fixes of ./prebuild.sh in the unix directory,
> > automake --add-missing in the root, then ./prebuild.sh in the unix
> > again, and it didn't do anything. (Also, possibly unrelated, is
> > "source/Makefile.am:35: warning: source file
> > 'backend/bounding/bbox.cpp' is in a subdirectory,
> > source/Makefile.am:35: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled" for
> > multiple multiple multiple .cpp files. I am not versed in how to
> > correct this. automake's suggested fix is below, but I do not know
> > how to enact it.
> >
> > automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility. automake: At
> > least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
> > automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the
> > corresponding output automake: object file(s) will be placed in the
> > top-level directory.  However, automake: this behaviour will change
> > in future Automake versions: they will automake: unconditionally
> > cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory automake:
> > of the corresponding sources. automake: You are advised to start
> > using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your automake: project, to
> > avoid future incompatibilities." )
> >
> > The configuration *says* it finishes, even with the 'missing'
> > error, but the make install does not work afterwards.
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance, abecke12
> >

> Did you read ? your version of automake is modern... and you need to
> add the --subdir-objects on its command line. Just thanks the break of
> backward compatibility in the development line of automake. (that's a
> new option, that must be set to keep the same behaviour that previous
> version had, and it is not recognized or even ignored without error by
> older version).
>
> Yet another great powerful fertilizer, isn't it ?

Well, that problem has been fixed (Thank you!). And now I'm onto what I think is
the last error before this thing actually *works*. It's the same problem as
found here
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3C5337fdde@news.povray.org%3E/

But it seems they never came across a way to fix this issue (at least that was
put there). I tried playing with path names, as that was the key to fixing a few
other issues for me, but to no avail.

Commands I used -
../configure COMPILED_BY="etcetc etc"
Flags I tried with said command- --sysconfdir=/etc
                                                      --prefix=$PREFIX
                                                      --disable-io-restrictions

This is the head part of the rendering portion of my "make -dw check" -

Must remake target `check'.
../unix/povray +i./distribution/scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov -f +d +p +v +w320
+h240 +a0.3 +L./include
Putting child 0x7fdc60f00550 (check) PID 83034 on the chain.
Live child 0x7fdc60f00550 (check) PID 83034
povray: cannot open the system configuration file /etc/povray/3.7/povray.conf:
No such file or directory
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.7.0.unofficial (g++ 4.2.1 @
 i386-apple-darwin14.5.0)
This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 me abecke12
 The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

and the last bit of my "sudo make install" attempt -

make[2]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
Removing child 0x7fec89404f90 PID 82989 from chain.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0'
Reaping losing child 0x7f9ca0c05b00 PID 79903
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
Removing child 0x7f9ca0c05b00 PID 79903 from chain.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0'
Reaping losing child 0x7fb4dac1bda0 PID 79875
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
Removing child 0x7fb4dac1bda0 PID 79875 from chain.
make: Leaving directory `/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0'

Thank you again,
abecke12