POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Build issues on Mac OS X : Build issues on Mac OS X Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Build issues on Mac OS X
From: abecke12
Date: 20 Oct 2015 14:05:01
Message: <web.56268162c1f1e0dcb5df15800@news.povray.org>
Not sure how much help is available for this, but -

I was having issues getting my ./configure "etc" to run, but was able to use the
-lboost_system fix from
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cslrnl8rua3.ipl.bisqwit%40bisqwit.iki.fi%3E/?mtop=397883.

However, I am having issues during the configuration with:

"checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin14.5.0
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin14.5.0
/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0/unix/config/missing: Unknown
`--is-lightweight' option
Try `/Users/abecker/Downloads/povray-3.7.0.0/unix/config/missing --help' for
more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... unix/config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk"

etcetc.

I have tried the fixes of ./prebuild.sh in the unix directory, automake
--add-missing in the root, then ./prebuild.sh in the unix again, and it didn't
do anything.
(Also, possibly unrelated, is
"source/Makefile.am:35: warning: source file 'backend/bounding/bbox.cpp' is in a
subdirectory,
source/Makefile.am:35: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled" for multiple
multiple multiple .cpp files. I am not versed in how to correct this.
automake's suggested fix is below, but I do not know how to enact it.

automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding
output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same
subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities." )

The configuration *says* it finishes, even with the 'missing' error, but the
make install does not work afterwards.

Thank you for your assistance,
abecke12