POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Possible to use coordinates from an external text file? : Possible to use coordinates from an external text file? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:37:23 EDT (-0400)
  Possible to use coordinates from an external text file?
From: TomB
Date: 19 Oct 2015 10:40:01
Message: <web.5624fffcd480363d81763ba0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am brand new to POV-Ray, and want to use it to visualize some scientific data.
I would like to know if it is possible to read in coordinates from an external
text file. For example, if I want to create a number of spheres at coordinates
[x,y,z], but these coordinates are stored in another file - I don't want to copy
them all into the POV-Ray script. Or if anyone could point me to some resource
online for this kind of thing?

Any advice would be appeciated,

Thanks!

Tom