POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : updated syntax highlighting for gedit : Re: updated syntax highlighting for gedit Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:45:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: updated syntax highlighting for gedit
From: zebulon
Date: 23 Aug 2015 11:30:00
Message: <web.55d9e6c9743848b4883859310@news.povray.org>
"zebulon" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> > found that i was missing the albedo keyword, also added max_distance
> > (uberpov) ... goes in /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs
>
> Hi,
>
> This is a very interesting idea... I use Debian, so I would this .lang file too.
>
> But, it's impossible for me to decompress any of the tar.gz you posted. I always
> have this errors :
>
> tar: This does not look like a tar archive
> tar: Skipping to next header
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
>
> Could you add a link to pastebin.org, so we could just copy/past this xml file ?
>
> Regards,

Hi again,

I think I solved my attachements download problem: instead of just clicking on
the link to download the tar.gz file -- which download an unusable archive only,
I used the link in a wget command line :
$ wget
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/attachment/%3C55aa36ce%241%40news.povray.org%3E/povsyntax37.tar.gz
.... and this tar.gz can be read/open normally (I can even know the real
name/size of the file archived: povray.lang, 17.7KB).

I'm sorry, this method will work only for unixes system, but I know there exists
wget.exe for windows (so windows users can use this command line in a CMD CLI
window. There exists too a better shell "MSys" which is a portage of many GNU
commands -- plus a rxvt-like console. With it, you can write/use your prefered
sh/bash scripts in windows.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'capture-povsyntax37.tar.gz .jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'capture-povsyntax37.tar.gz .jpg'
capture-povsyntax37.tar.gz .jpg