POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 : Re: Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:56:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.7 RC7 with Visual Studio Express 2012
From: atlaste
Date: 10 Jul 2015 17:35:01
Message: <web.55a039f3527de37e6d0f10450@news.povray.org>
"atlaste" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I presume you're not actually trying to build RC7 anymore, but some
> > newer version, right?
>
> Yes, latest version.
>
> I'm now in the process of simply forking it and making the changes there;
> otherwise this story will repeat itself every time. I hope to check it in
> somewhere today.

Actually it turned out to be quite a bit more complicated than this
description... :-(

It now works, I've also added a new camera just for the fun of it. I've also
changed a ton of boost::tr1 to std; that's how it should be anyways if you're
using 'using' throughout the solution.

Latest version fork can be found here: https://github.com/atlaste/povray . I'll
make a pull request, hopefully they'll pick it up.