POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : An rendering artifact on torus : Re: An rendering artifact on torus Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:59:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An rendering artifact on torus
From: And
Date: 5 Apr 2015 00:30:01
Message: <web.5520b948682c5a60123791000@news.povray.org>
Thank you.
I explain my intend of doing it. I made a macro that is used for chamfering a
cylinder and it is necessary to take the torus's inner surface in some
conditions. So I intersect sphere and torus with negative major_radius and
sometimes found these black lines.

Maybe the same demand can be done by using polynomial's torus and I would like
to try some day. Because I thought the black line may be produced by the
bounding cylinder of the torus object that the document describes.