POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : macbook air : Re: macbook air Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:39:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macbook air
From: TreeLimb Jim
Date: 9 Jan 2015 23:40:00
Message: <web.54b0ac0874d402f4da2acec0@news.povray.org>
> > Are there any known operating/running issues regarding running POV3.7
> > unofficial
> > on OSX10.10.x utilizing this laptop? Appreciate all input.

Yes, its going to get warm. I use iStat Menus to monitor system stats and get
better cooling performance on different surfaces. iStat Menus has
a function to adjust fan rpm. I recommend copying the default values into their
own config just in case you want to get back to them.

You'll get better performance putting the app, output and project folders on a
faster external drive. I have a Mini that file serves as well as being one of
several Macs to render animations, using the FrameStep > 1 and Continue
Rendering flag.

I could be out on a limb,
Jim