POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Instruction "Input"? : Instruction "Input"? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  Instruction "Input"?
From: RedGuff
Date: 31 Dec 2014 01:30:00
Message: <web.54a396ae6af716b2cfdd18850@news.povray.org>
Hello.
I'd like to enter parameters in my images and videos.
The POV or INC file should tell me message and ask me the value of the
parameter, during the render.
I can do it with a software that changes the POV or INC files, depending of the
parameters I write, but it's not perfect for games.
Something like this (see
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_de_programme_Hello_world#POV-Ray for the
original POV):

#include "colors.inc"
camera {
    location <3, 1, -10>
    look_at <3,0,0>
}
light_source { <500,500,-1000> White }

#input{"What's your name?" name }  //          HERE!
//#declare name="RedGuff";         //          For test.

text {
    ttf "timrom.ttf" "Hello" 1, 0
    pigment { White }
}