POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : correct URL for the git clone command : Re: correct URL for the git clone command Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:01:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: correct URL for the git clone command
From: peyrol
Date: 22 Dec 2014 08:35:01
Message: <web.54981bcd3c3960a8a76e4980@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "peyrol" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > The POVray website provides the following link to their repository:
> >
> > https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tree/3.7-stable
> >
> > So, I tried it:
>
> Instead of cluelessly trying out commands, as you said you were doing, how about
> to follow the link? After all, it should not be too hard to notice that when a
> link to a webpage is provided, you should follow said link with a webbrowser. -
> Then, you would find all the information on the page you land on. Instead you
> decided to complain in a rude tone. The appropriate answer is RTFM or at least
> the ability to use a webbrowser.

I apologize for my rudeness. Yes, I did follow the link. No, I did not see the
small clipboard icon on that page until it was outlined for me in a red
rectangle, in a separate reply on a different forum.

If the appropriate reply is RTFM, then please which manual do you refer to? I do
not seek to fan a flame war. Perhaps I should discuss this particular issue with
the GitHub web admins. The POVray team continues to do an outstanding job. All
I'm saying is, if basic information is easy to provide, then fewer newbies will
flail about trying to understand if it is provided.