POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Parsing is my bottleneck : Re: Parsing is my bottleneck Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:43:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing is my bottleneck
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 8 Oct 2014 07:30:01
Message: <web.54351f2463ac8e5b7a3d9a3d0@news.povray.org>
I have the same issue with parsing large mesh files. I ease the pain by running
multiple render tasks in parallel via separate render tasks (Povray instances)on
Windows and multiple simultaneous logged in users on Mac OSX. Parsing can only
utelize single core, but if you have many cores at your disposal you can chop up
your animation into many render jobs and run them in paralell. With this method
you utelize 100% of computing power out of your machine, even while parsing. If
you use only one render task only one core will be busy while parsing.