POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wind pattern code and reed stalk example : Re: Wind pattern code and reed stalk example Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:49:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wind pattern code and reed stalk example
From: LanuHum
Date: 22 Sep 2014 13:10:01
Message: <web.5420573b825f35c27a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> On 21-9-2014 17:39, LanuHum wrote:
> > Therefore it is difficult to understand even an overall picture:
> > Why HF how HF influences mesh is used is a secret.
>
> I think those are basic concepts, also in Blender?
>
> The /normal/ of a point on a surface is the vector /perpendicular/ to
> the surface (see also the Docs: paragraph 2.3.5.2). Using trace() you
> can get the normal at a certain point. Knowing the normal, you can
> calculate the angle it makes with a horizontal plane, or the angle it
> makes with another vector around an axis.
>
> Thomas

Thomas,thanks.
I started understanding your mechanism.
But, I had an idea to use means of Blender (force field : wind) to do without
excess mathematical calculations.
Wind is applied to particles, but there is no realistic bend
It is necessary to find only the solution of a realistic bend of a trunk of a
plant also means of Blender

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'force_field_wind.jpg' (99 KB)