POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Are there documents for the source code? : Re: Are there documents for the source code? Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:06:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are there documents for the source code?
From: Simon
Date: 8 Sep 2014 12:05:00
Message: <web.540dd3003349a57027287d6c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 04/07/2013 09:04, Simon nous fit lire :
> > My purpose is to get a map file which can show a link between the 2D coordinate
> > of the result image and the 3D coordinate that is described in the POV file.
> >
> > I want to fulfill this purpose by modificate the source code of POV-Ray, is it
> > possible to do it in this way? Can you give me any advice on this idea?
>
> So, basically you are interested in the camera code
> (TracePixel::CreateCameraRay in tracepixel.cpp) which create a Ray (3D
> origin with 3D direction) from the position in the final picture.
> (unless you want to also have the reflection and refraction, at which
> point it become to be harder)
>
> Be aware that there is more than one camera's type, each with its own
> mapping.
>
> Documentation (for user, not programmer) of cameras can be seen at
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera

hello,

I want to get every 3D coordinate corresponding to 2D target image.

For example, (50, 50) is a point on an 2D target image, it's on an object in a
image.
I want to get the 3D coordinate of this point, say(1, -0.8, 0.7).

Is it possible to get the 3D coordinate through altering the source code??

I asked this question before
(http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/<web.51d243a492d8f63ce6ccd8f40%40news.povray.org>/),
but I found TracePixel::CreateCameraRay just get the ray not the corresponding
3D coordinate.

Thanks.^_^