POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Python, subprocess, error! : Re: Python, subprocess, error! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:59:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python, subprocess, error!
From: Mr
Date: 30 Jul 2014 05:40:00
Message: <web.53d8bc654d559dd816086ed00@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Hellow!
> I want to make a render in a shadow mode for a preview of materials in Blender
> In Linux - no problem, preview very good
> In Windows don't work
> http://blender-3d.ru/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=753.0;attach=2930;image
>
> pov_binary = os.path.join(win_home, "bin", "pvengine64.exe")
> self._process =

subprocess.Popen(["%s"%pov_binary,"%s/Preview.ini"%previewDir],stdout=subprocess.PIPE,stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

> ini:
> Version=3.7
> Input_File_Name='C:\\povray\\preview\\Preview.pov'
> Output_File_Name='C:\\povray\\preview\\Preview.png'
> Width=100
> Height=100
> Bounding_Method=2
> Display=0
> Pause_When_Done=0
> Output_File_Type=N
> Output_Alpha=1
> Antialias=on
> Sampling_Method=3
> Antialias_Depth=3
> Antialias_Threshold=0.1
> Antialias_Gamma=2.5

This Bug is now possibly solved in the official version, thanks for the report:
the preview directory was not created (since I had done it by hand while testing
and forgot to add it in the script later) You can download the corrected version
from the repository or any blender version built after  Monday, July the 28th at
8:02 PM.