POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help) : Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify source code of program POVRAY + MPI (please Help)
From: gaprie
Date: 3 Jun 2014 14:55:01
Message: <web.538e19eb393ecfd02ebcdc450@news.povray.org>
> Am 03.06.2014 11:39, schrieb gaprie:
>
> > Thanks 'Mr.clipka' for your help.
>
> That would actually be "Mr. Lipka" ;-)
>
> > which file have task to throwing the variable value (Start_Row, End_Row, Widht,
> > Height, etc) to the file view.cpp (to be evaluated in view.cpp file).
>
> That would be base/processoptions.cpp; the methods
> ProcessOptions::Parse_INI_Option() and ProcessOptions::Parse_CL_Option()
> might be good places to start.
>
> Those portions of the code actually don't really care about individual
> parameters such as Start_Row, End_Row, Widht, Height, etc; instead,
> they're just doing their job according to the tables
> RenderOptions_INI_Table[] and RenderOptions_Cmd_Table[], respectively,
> which specify what parameters actually exist, what their INI and
> command-line option names are, and what type of parameters they expect.

OK, Thanks for your Help 'Mr. Lipka'

But, I have problem.
I tried to define a variable which have value Start_Row. I define variable
'kPOVAttrib_Top =50' and 'kPOVAttrib_Bottom=200' (in file source / backend /
view.cpp) but after I build the POVRay, it be error. In the file source / base /
processoptions.cpp,  I could not find where the variable that contains the value
(as Start_Row) which I can modif.

In my purpose, I wanted to try it to find where a variable that can be modified.
If I can find it, I got the idea to add a bit of coding MPI.
So, when the POVRay program run, it POVRay will detect the number of existing
computers. If the computer detects as master, POVRay will perform the rendering
of lines until a specific line (appropriate my modification).
Can roughly like that?

Thanks for your Help.
Regards,
Galih