POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Basics. : Re: Basics. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:48:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basics.
From: Lawrence W
Date: 2 May 2014 13:05:01
Message: <web.5363d01d44c7fa9dae2ccffa0@news.povray.org>
Sorry to post a useless comment to this thread, but this thread is exactly why
I'm still interested in POV-Ray.  The OP was asking a question that could have
easily angered most users of POV-Ray and provoked them to nasty replies.  But
NO!  Those who answered his question did so calmly and with much patience and -
most importantly - with exceptionally clear answers!

I love POV-Ray, and even though I don't use it much these days, I still can.
Yes, it's not for those who depend on a GUI; it also requires a pretty good
grasp of calculus.  Nonetheless, for what it is, it's pretty awesome.  Even
better is that we have an awesome community that are knowledgeable, friendly,
and helpful for those that need it.  Thanks!