POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error : Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:08:42 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Debian Jessie JPEG error
From: BobMckenzie123
Date: 25 Feb 2014 18:50:00
Message: <web.530d2b3e803ff74b1411ad000@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

I'm hoping you can help me out here.  My computer is running Debian Jessie and I
was able to compile and install povray (from git).  It took a bit of
investigation to compile because of something with the boost threading library,
but I was able to get past that.

I used poseray to generate a povray scene from a DAZ studio 4.6 export.  When I
run povray on the .pov file it throws an error when parsing the material file.
It looks like it's erroring out when loading the first jpeg image.  The error
message is the following:

Possible Parse Error: JPEG parameter struct
 mismatch: library thinks size is 484, caller expects 488
Fatal error in parser: Cannot access data in file.
Render failed

I'm suspecting it has something to do with libjpeg8?  Also, another warning that
I noticed near the beginning is:

povray: cannot open the user configuration file
/home/*******/.povray/3.7/povray.conf: No such file or directory

I'm not sure if the missing conf file has anything to do with the jpeg issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks