POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Radiosity pretrace : Radiosity pretrace Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity pretrace
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 16 Jan 2014 19:00:01
Message: <web.52d87223da31b3c306548240@news.povray.org>
CLipka's Radiosity Voodoo recommends that pretrace_start be a power of 2
multiple of pretrace_end, and that pretrace_end translate to one pixel.
Calculating the pixel size is easy enough, but deriving a good pretrace_start
from that over various image sizes requires real math, so I incorporated a
formula into one of my include files so I wouldn't have to figure it out each
time.

Last night, I decided to extract this into a stand-alone macro.  Breathe easy;
it allows you to ease up on the pretrace_end recommendation.  I hope you find it
useful.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radiosity-pretrace.zip' (4 KB)