POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Packaging povray 3.7 stable for Arch Linux : Packaging povray 3.7 stable for Arch Linux Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:50:01 EDT (-0400)
  Packaging povray 3.7 stable for Arch Linux
From: xyproto
Date: 11 Nov 2013 11:00:01
Message: <web.5280fbd39c90a98b1f457b8f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm the current maintainer of the povray package in Arch Linux. Right now, I'm
trying to package povray 3.7 stable, but I have encountered several issues.

I'm on 64-bit Arch Linux.

Here is what I've tried:

* Downloading https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/archive/3.7-stable.zip
  (md5sum 773192125d7c8326c6b730a3aba44318)
* unzip 3.7-stable.zip
* cd povray-3.7-stable
  (the norm for most other packages is to only call this directory
  pkgname-pkgver, btw. Example: povray-3.7).
* cd unix
* ./prebuild.sh
  (here is the resulting stdout: http://ix.io/8ZF and stderr: http://ix.io/8ZG)
* cd ..
* ./configure COMPILED_BY='Arch Linux' --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
  (here is the resulting stdout: http://ix.io/8ZH and stderr: http://ix.io/8ZI )

This is the section where the configure script stops:

Libraries
---------
checking whether to link with cygwin DLL... no
checking whether to enable static linking... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for boostlib >= 1.37... yes
checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_thread... yes
checking whether the boost thread library is usable... no

These packages are installed:
boost 1.54.0-4
boost-libs 1.54.0-4
boost-build 2.0_m12-5

These library files named something with "boost_thread" are present:
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.54.0

These boost-related binary files are present:
/usr/bin/bcp
/usr/bin/bjam
/usr/bin/compiler_status
/usr/bin/inspect
/usr/bin/library_status
/usr/bin/process_jam_log
/usr/bin/quickbook
/usr/bin/wave

Specifically, there are no boost-related libraries available that has the "-mt"
suffix.

What can I do to get past this hurdle?

On an unrelated note, I have also tried forcing configure to continue even
though the boost library is supposedly unusable, but then other issues appears,
related to not finding various Makefile.in files when compiling.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,