POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Are there documents for the source code? : Re: Are there documents for the source code? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are there documents for the source code?
From: Simon
Date: 4 Jul 2013 03:10:03
Message: <web.51d51e9b3349a570e6ccd8f40@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 02/07/2013 05:06, Simon nous fit lire :
> > I've been reading the source code 3.7 beta for almost two weeks...
> > and it's really hard for me to read because there is nearly no comment to
> > explain how the code works, so is there any chance that I can get some documents
> > for the source code?
> >
> > p.s. I want to use the source code for my own interest, no business profit
> > related.
> >

> Which part are you interested in ?
>
> It is a far more easy to understand with the 3.1g source (far more C
> oriented, despite being already very object oriented, without
> multi-threading and message passing, but also with all sources flat IIRC)
>
> common sources are in source/, but gluing code is in vfe/ and unix/ (for
> the unix port)
>
> p.s.: check the licenses.
> p.s.2: current code is 3.7RC7, not beta anymore.

Hello Forgeron, Thanks for your advice!

My purpose is to get a map file which can show a link between the 2D coordinate
of the result image and the 3D coordinate that is described in the POV file.

I want to fulfill this purpose by modificate the source code of POV-Ray, is it
possible to do it in this way? Can you give me any advice on this idea?

And I want to read the document for this part of the source code.

I followed your advice to read the source code of the 3.1g version, but I didn't
build it successfully...

Thanks again!