POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Problems with Object Collection uploader : Re: Problems with Object Collection uploader Server Time
16 Apr 2024 03:58:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with Object Collection uploader
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 19 Jun 2013 17:55:01
Message: <web.51c227c7dd2a142478641e0c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> From previous investigation, the uploading process stops as soon as one
> filename is not conform: only lower case, no special characters.

My filenames are all vanilla lowercase a-z, 0-9, underscore, and the occasional
hyphen.  No hyphens in my latest attempt.

> I did not find any limit of 20 in scripts, but may be it is more related
> to the length-limit of the URL ? or something else.
> I need to investigate.

Such a limit would not make sense in the scripts.  Someone would have had to
deliberately set the limit at least 2 years after the Object Collection was up
and running; but some of Chris Bartlett's contributions have more than 20 files,
so it wouldn't have made sense for /him/ to do it.

I don't know much about PHP, but an unintentional configuration change doesn't
sound implausible, perhaps during an upgrade.

> Is there a reason you need a colon ?

This was my intended description for RoundEdge 1.3:

A set of macros and functions to facilitate modeling of rounded edges with CSG,
isosurfaces, and blobs.

In version 1.3:
 - Some of the functions are given more intuitive names.
 - Important notes are added to the documentation concerning sqrt() calls with
the alternate isosurface blob function, and the demo scene is changed
accordingly.