POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : fog flag to fade to sky_sphere/background color : Re: fog flag to fade to sky_sphere/background color Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fog flag to fade to sky_sphere/background color
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 29 May 2013 13:10:01
Message: <web.51a63582b45608983048e5b80@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> Would there be much interest in adding a flag to the fog object that
> uses the scene background colour (eg from sky_sphere or background) as
> fog_color rather than a constant?

A while back I wrote an SDL version of something similar to what you're talking
about, sans background support (which wouldn't have made much sense). Using it
is... not very easy. Every object taking part in the fog has to have its texture
wrapped in a special macro. The camera position needs to be tracked. Creating
and/or converting sky pigments requires special macros. It could easily become a
nightmare when trying to combine it with other scene-management-intensive
activities like texture baking.

So yeah, I'd be interested :)